Anodisers Runcorn Ltd. conveyancingpersonal injuryfamily law  
Tel: 01889 565211
Fax: 01889 565212

Contact us by e-mail
about us
client care
contact us

personal injury

family law

The origins of the firm are known to date back before 1800 during which time it has practised from various sites in Uttoxeter.

History indicates the practice existed as Enoch Hand in 1806. The firm subsequently changed its name to Rushton & Hand when Thomas Rushton was admitted as an attorney in 1819. The practice then continued throughout the nineteenth century under various names and in the late 1880’s Mr Charles Henry Cowlishaw joined the firm.

At the time Mr W.G.Need was the senior partner and he is reputed to have ridden to work on horseback from his home at The Parks to the Uttoxeter office stabling his horse at the rear of the premises.

Charles Cowlishaw will be remembered by some older residents in Uttoxeter. He bought the Alton Estate from the Earl of Shrewsbury in 1919 and ran it until his death in 1937. After the Second World War, the estate was sold to the Bagshaw Family.

In 1911 Charles son, Ronald followed in this fathers footsteps, was admitted as a Solicitor and the firm became known as Cowlishaw and Son.

Following Charles death Ronald continued practising eventually at 13 Market Place, Uttoxeter and he was joined by John Mountford in 1970 when the firms name changed to Cowlishaw and Mountford. Ronald passed away in 1975 after a remarkable 64 years in practice. Paul Hopkins appeared on the scene in 1976.

On 5th July 1993 the firm moved to its present premises at 90 High Street, Uttoxeter. John Mountford retired in March 2008. The current senior partner is Paul Hopkins.

.:: ©2011 :: Cowlishaw & Mountford Solicitors:: Registered in England & Wales :: VAT 295 4097 24 :: SRA No.000535884 ::.

Web Site Designed by:
UR Media Ltd

:: Home :: About Us :: History :: Client Care :: Contact Details :: Conveyancing :: Personal Injury :: Family Law ::